Sunday 8 November 2009

Teeny Tiny Quilt Swap

October has been the month for swaps, so to give each one justice, I'll be writing about them seperately over the next few days.

So I'll start with the
Teeny Tiny Quilt Swap organised on Flickr by Quiltinkimmie.

There was an "anything goes" theme, with the only requirements being that the finished product measure 6" or smaller, be sandwiched and quilted, bound and labelled.

My partner, Ma.rysia, and I decided upon a Halloween theme.

Hers was first to arrive, and was a cute little appliqued Pumpkin, which was embellished with a cobweb in the corner. She also sent a little lavender scented hanging.



Bizzarely, I had also decided upon making a pumpkin!

I made it mostly from pieced squares, which when finished measured 1".




I also pieced the back, this time in a pinwheel pattern.



I quilted it by sewing around the edges of the eyes, nose and mouth, and then some shaped parallel lines on the face.


I finished it by adding a label and a ribbon for hanging.

It was only after finishing the binding it that I realised that I had miscalculated, and it was in fact @ 6.5" square.
Shhh - don't tell anyone in case they don't let me play again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment