Tuesday 20 January 2009

Long Time No Blog

Hello there bloggy peeps. I'm sorry that it's been a while since my last post but things have been a bit manic here.

After 18 months we finally seem to have a buyer for our house who wants us out by the end of February (!!) so we've had to drop everything to scour Shropshire for a new abode. I'm hoping that whatever we find will have a little sewing room just for me - I can but hope.

As an update to my post I've been assigned my swap partners.

For Katy's FQ 2009 Swap I'm paired with Michelle who's in Australia.

She loves blues & browns plus contemporary stuff (Valori Wells, Heather Bailey, Sandi Henderson etc.) With polka dots and plaids other favourites. I'm got my gift organised so it will be on its way shortly - keep an eye on the mailbox Michelle!!

For Apryl's Owl Swap my partner is Ngaire who is also in Australia.

She's a scrapbooker who's just getting interested in sewing and fabric. I have drafted a design of what I'm going to make her so now just need to get on with it!!

You'll also see 2 new buttons on my sidebar.

The first is for Project Improv being organised by TallGrass Prairie Studio. The idea is that instead of following an existing pattern to make a quilt, you just "make it up as you go along". As this is how most of my crafting evolves I should have no problems whatsoever!!

As a second part to the project, everybody involved is making a 12.5" square block in one of 3 colourways (I've got Red & Aqua) which will be made up into quilts that will be given to charity.

The second is for a virtual quilting bee called SewConnected3. Here a group of 18 quilters (brought together by Quilt Dad) will every month make a block from fabric supplied by one of the group. I'm quite new to quilting so I hope that I'll be able to hold my own amongst them!! You'll be able to keep up with what we're making on Flickr.

And to finish I thought I'd just show you all a picture of what my DD got up to at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment