Wednesday 2 September 2009

Scrappy Christmas Blocks

Remember how in this post, I mentioned the Scrappy Christmas Quilt Block Swap? Well I finished my blocks and they have been posted off to my 3 swap partners in the good US of A.


For the centres I used little squares that featured Christmas fairies.


For the logs, I used the same 7 fabrics throughout. A star pattern with 3 different coloured backgrounds - white, red or green, 2 plains - red or green, and 2 with a tiny gold spot on either a red or a green background.

I placed fabrics in alternating rings of colour - which started in the middle with either the red or the green. The white star fabric was used in every round and which travelled around the block in a spiral.







I hope that my partners like them. I'm either going to use the blocks I receive to make a table runner, or maybe a tree skirt.

1 comment: