Saturday 3 October 2009

DQS7 - Received

I was waiting and waiting for my quilt to arrive, but eventually it did (after about 3 weeks in transit), and my oh my was it worth the wait!

My swap partner turned out to be Jennifer (Quay&Co). We are both members of SewConnected3, and although I did comment on her Flickr picture that I hoped her quilt was for me - I never thought for a second that it would eventually be mine!!



IT'S A RAINBOW QUILT!!! Made from strips of different colours projecting horizontally out from a central black and white vertical strip. It's bound with the same fabric.

The back is made from a spotty fabric that blends in perfectly, finished off with a great label.




It's quilted simply with horizontal lines but it's totally in keeping and effective.


And there was more!!




She also included a gorgeous circular drawstring bag, made from a tasty looking apple fabric, and whose ingenious double lining creates little pockets around it.
There was also some black and white embroidered ric-rac, a length of fabric featuring patches in autumnal designs and colours, and to finish a square tile pendant with 2 different coloured ribbon "chains".


I am so so happy with my quilt and it WILL take pride of place in my craft room once it is organised and sorted - I promise. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment