Tuesday 11 November 2008

Cupcakes Galore!!

You'll remember that I was involved with a Cupcake Swap organised by HmmDesigns. My partner was Beth who lives in Canada.

After weeks of debating whether to make a Cupcake Softie Cushion - and then deciding that was a bit obvious - I settled on using fabric with a Cupcake design.

I used the pattern of Amy Karol's Charming Handbag in her "Bend The Rules Sewing" book.

I split the front panel to have the Cupcake fabric on the bottom with a co-ordinating spotty fabric in pink on the top and back panel.


The inside was again spotty but this time in blue.
To accompany it I made a little needlecase.

Bizarrely the day my parcel got to Beth, hers got to me. I was very spoilt as I actually got 2 parcels both stuffed to the gills with Cupcake goodies!!


First to arrive was a GIANT cupcake pincushion. Beth even included the pattern leaflet so now I can make them too!!

This was accompanied with 3 little cupcake pincushions (I think) that have beaded frosting and 2 little cupcake soaps.

The second parcel contained 2 little cupcake appliqued cushions,

a softie doll made with cupcake fabric,
a cupcake recipe book, and a cupcake related story book for DD!!

WOW WOW WOW - she really spoiled me.

This was an interesting swap to be involved in and I can't wait to see collectively what everyone made.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love the bag Leah - really pretty! And what fab goodies you got too!

    ReplyDelete