Thursday 5 March 2009

Treats for Me!!

As I miscounted and my NEXT post will be number 100, I thought for this one I'd show a few things I've bought for myself lately.

Firstly, with DH's blessing (and cash), I bought a new sewing machine. It's a Husqvarna Quilt Designer II. I got it brand new but for half its retail price. A bargain I hear you say - but it still cost a small fortune!!


It sews, quilts and with some additional software embroiders too. It is all computerised - no knobs to twiddle anymore - and I'm so scared of it I haven't even turned it on yet. (add a blushing face emoticon here). I'm going to take the giant step at the weekend as I have commissions for some real patchwork quilts.

Onto some slightly cheaper purchases!!

I had Amazon vouchers to spend (some curtesy of winning the Crafter..oo Christmas Competition) so I decided to buy some quilting/patchwork books - and got these.

* Traditional Patchwork Quilt Patterns - this comes with some helpful plastic templates.


* Stash-Buster Quilts - the only drawback is that I don't have a stash to bust so that means I'll need to spend more money sometime!!


* Material Obsession - which is filled with some lovely designs


* 200 Quilt Blocks to Mix & Match - great for the basics


and I'm still waiting for Kaffe Fassett's Country Garden Quilts to arrive.
Lots of lovely pictures in them all to drool over and wonder if I'll ever be skilful enough to make.

1 comment:

  1. I have the designer I viking and it sews like a dream.

    ReplyDelete