Saturday 9 May 2009

Doll Quilt Swap 6 - Revealed

The deadline for DQS6 was fast approaching, and although I'd had an idea in my head from the beginning, technically I didn't think I was up to it, so at the last minute I changed my mind - and I'm glad I did!!

My swap partner was ATiny House. Looking through her blog and pictures on Flickr, I decided I wanted to make the quilt for her son's new bedroom.

I used squares of some alphabet fabric I had to spell out EAMON (his name), and make I-Spy blocks in boyish designs all outlined in bold primary colours.




I used the Robot fabric I was originally going to use as backing for my preliminary idea, and used polka dot binding.


I added a label embroidered on my new posh machine, and quilted in squares around the blocks.



It reached America in under a week, and was well received by an excited little boy.

DQS6 was a round robin swap - so who I was making for wasn't the person making for me.

I has said that I'd like it made for DD, and we were both pleased when it arrived from *~Uplifting Arts~* in Seattle the other day!!



It is made from tiny (1cm) squares - and is a real work of art. It's bordered and backed with a lovely terracotta coloured butterfly print fabric.

Thank you Leah (great name!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment