Thursday 23 July 2009

SewConnected3 - June

This was the Belgium month of SewConnected3 as both ladies sending fabric live there - and are the only 2 other 'Europeans' in the group.


ForTheJourney sent fabrics with an autumn/fall theme and wanted something made that was both geometric and modern.


In the end I plumped for a pattern which I later found to be called Bento Box.


I reversed the fabrics in opposing corners and am very pleased with the results.






Craftywaffles set a much harder challenge. She wants a "Bubble" quilt!

I was sent a selection of Shabby Chic fabrics in pinks and greens that were to be cut into circles and attached to the plain white background.

She helpfully provided a list of tutorials that showed different methods of achieving this. After thinking long and hard about what I would like to do and then honestly about my sewing abilities I plumped for attaching the circles with Bondaweb and then used a stitch on my machine that gives a traditional blanket stitch effect.




The 'design' I went with was a mix of 2 circle sizes spreading out from a larger circle - the idea of which was to give the impression that the smaller bubbles were being blown out of the biggest bubble.


No comments:

Post a Comment