This was emailed to me by Apryl.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email, and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis' the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping Paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper - this year its plain red.
2. Real tree or Artificial tree?
DH insists on a real one but then says he's allergic to it so can't help dress it!! But I think they do look better than artificial ones.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually a couple of weeks before the big day. This year we did it today.
4. When do you take the tree down?
12th night of course!!
5. Do you like eggnog?
I've just had to Google it so I can safely say that I've never had it - but whipped raw eggs -yuk!!
6. Favourite gift received as a child?
Probably a bike although I did get a pony but not sure it was for Christmas!!
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
The in-laws as they always want Warner Hotel Vouchers.
9. Do you have a Nativity Scene?
No - but we have a fabric panel book I made for DD that tells the Xmas story.
10. Post or E-mail Christmas cards?
Post – as most of the people we send to don’t have E-mail!! But we always include a recent picture of the kids and a little letter saying what we’ve been up to over the last 12 months.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I seem to remember I got a blender off my Ex!!
12. Favourite Christmas Movie?
“Miracle on 34th Street”.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
As late as possible!! I’m still trying to think of what to buy never mind hand over the cash for them!!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Probably – but depending upon what it was most likely either swapped it for something I did like or donated it to a good cause
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?
I love those party packs you get with tiny pretzels etc in – oh and Twiglets!!
16. Lights on the tree?
We have a mix of white and coloured – some static, some blinking.
17. Favourite Christmas songs?
Although I’m in no way religious I love Christmas carols. I’m afraid I hate “Christmas” songs – Slade and the like – especially when piped in stores as Musak around September.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
It depends – this year we are going to my brother-in-laws but New Year will be here at home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Only if I Gooogle them!! But I can remember – Rudolph, Prancer, Dancer, Donna and Blitzen.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have a gold angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning – although sometimes we open a small one last thing on Xmas Eve. I grew up with my parents working on Xmas Day (they ran a hotel) so we only had our stockings to keep us going until they has cooked other people their Xmas dinners.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
I dislike shopping throughout the year and especially at Xmas!!
23. Favourite ornament theme or colour?
We just have a mish-mash of ornaments etc from over the years though my favourite baubles are some clear glass droplet ones.
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner?
This is a hard one as I’m vegetarian so no turkey, chipolatas and angels on horseback for me!! I do love roast potatoes and parsnips and Brussels though, normally accompanied by some sort of goats cheese pastry tart. And it has to be Christmas pud and custard (but with no added brandy) for afters.
25. What do you want for Christmas?
The body I had as an 18 year old, but baring that – the new Dick Francis book, the new Il Divo CD and I’d love a Bernina of my own!!
So now you know a little more about me!!